- Our commitment to your privacy is very important to us and we will always act to protect your personal information. We take this responsibility seriously and are very careful about how and when your personal information is collected, used and shared.
- We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). The APPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information. A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.oaic.gov.au.
2. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information we collect and store is what is reasonably necessary for our business functions and for other purposes which are within reasonable expectations or where permitted by law.
- The nature of personal information we collect from you generally comprises of your full name, address, mobile number, email address.
- You may choose to deal with us anonymously or under a pseudonym where lawful and practicable. The use of pseudonym may prevent us from contacting you or sending personalized communications to you.
3. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The personal information we collect is generally supplied directly by you when you complete an email form from an advertisement.
- We may also collect your personal information when you sign up through our website.
4. WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The primary purpose for collecting personal information is to contact you in response to your enquiries, promote our product, interact with you via social media channels and provide you with up to date service information.
- We may provide marketing communications and targeted advertising to you on an ongoing basis by email, social media channels and by any other means. These communications may relate to the products which may be of interest to you.
5. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may use and disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was initially collected, namely to arrange, conduct and promote our media activities (including but not limited to production, broadcasting and publishing) and provide you with requested products and services, as well as all purposes necessary and incidental to the provision of services by us or by anyone on behalf of us.
- We may also use and disclose your personal information for the purpose to access and preserve your personal information contained within all submissions and all communications to and from you to protect our rights, the rights of third parties and other users of the sites or for the purpose of responding to your request for customer service.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal information without your consent if the disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law;
- required in order to investigate an unlawful activity;
- required by an enforcement body for investigative activities; or
- necessary to prevent a serious and imminent threat to a person’s life, health or safety, or to public health or safety.
- We may share your personal information with third party organisations when we hold an event, function, promotion or competition in conjunction with that organisation, to which they are obligated to observe the confidential nature of such information and are prohibited from using any or all of this information other than for the purpose for which it was provided.
- The security of personal information sent to us by electronic means or by post cannot be guaranteed, we cannot accept responsibility for misuse, loss or unauthorised access to your personal information where the security of information is not within our control. If you suspect any misuse or loss of your personal information please contact us immediately.
- You acknowledge and agree that if your personal information is accessed overseas we are not obligated to take reasonable steps to ensure overseas recipients comply with the Privacy Act and the APPs.
- Personal information provided to us may be shared with related companies. We take all reasonably practical steps to keep such information strictly confidential.
6. PERSONAL INFORMATION QUALITY
- We will take all reasonable steps to ensure the personal information collected is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that the information the we hold is not accurate, complete or up to date, please contact us in writing at email@example.com and we will make the requested amendments.
- We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed and amended.
7. PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURITY
- We understand the importance of your personal information and have appropriate procedures in place to safeguard and secure the information we collect to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, release, misuse, alteration and ensure the appropriate use of the information.
- Whilst we take all reasonable steps to secure your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, you acknowledge that all activities in which you intentionally or unintentionally supply information to us carries an inherent risk of loss of, misuse of, or unauthorised access to such information. We cannot be held responsible for such actions where the security of the personal information is not within the control of our company, or where we cannot reasonably prevent such incidents.
- The personal information that you provide us will be retained in accordance with applicable laws. We hold all personal information electronically in our computer systems and databases
- We may withhold or refuse you access to your personal information if we are legally authorised to do so or where its disclosure to you is restricted by law, is the subject of legal action or may compromise the privacy of another person.
8. CHOICE AND OPT-OUT PREFERENCES
- If, at any time, you prefer not to receive further promotional email communications from us, you will have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by means of a link provided in every promotional email that is sent to you by us. You also have the ability to unsubscribe from such communications by contacting us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. FEEDBACK AND COMPLAINTS
- All questions, queries or complaints received will be dealt with fairly and in a timely manner considering all circumstances of the compliant. In most cases, we expect that complaints will be investigated and a response provided within 14 days of receipt of the complaint. If the matter is more complex and our investigation may take longer, we will contact you and advise you when we anticipate providing your response.
10. CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- We reserve the right to make changes to this policy, without notice, from time to time for any reason, or as required by law, and will update the Policy accordingly. We ask that you visit our website periodically in order to remain up to date with such changes.
11. ADWORDS REMARKETING POLICY
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page. – Click here
12. FURTHER INFORMATION
14B Kerford Place Albert Park 3206 VIC E: email@example.com
Should you wish to read more information on privacy legislation or the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) we recommend you visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner website – www.oaic.gov.au, or contact them at:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
P: 1300 363 992